What is Single Axis Robot?
A single-axis robot, also known as a linear slide, linear module, industrial manipulator, or XY slide, is widely used in various industries for automation equipment and automated production lines. It features specialization, standardization, and modularity, playing a crucial role in enhancing the quality of automated equipment and reducing equipment costs.
Based on different usage environments, there are slide units suitable for general environments and those designed for dust-free environments. Additionally, there are high-precision slide units driven by ball screws and high-speed slide units driven by synchronous belts. These versatile options cater to different needs and preferences in the industry.
① Motor side
② Non-motor side
④ Main body
⑤ Dustproof steel strip
⑥ Side guard
⑦ Protective cover
⑨ Protective cover
Applications of Single Axis Robot
Single-axis robots can be used in various scenarios where precise positioning and single or repetitive motions are required. They are suitable for applications and equipment shown in the diagram below.
The Y-axis drives the workpiece to move back and forth, whileThe x-axis moves the laser rangefinder left and right. The heights of multiple sampling points on the workpiece surface are measured, and the flatness error is calculated.
With the Z-axis equipped with different devices, it can achieve various operations. When equipped with cutting tools, it can perform cutting tasks. When paired with a camera, it enables visual inspection. When paired with a dispensing head, it can be used for dispensing operations. Additionally, when equipped with an electric screwdriver, it can be used for screw fastening.
The galvanometer marking head of the laser marking system has a limited marking range on its own. However, the marking range can be significantly expanded in the X/Y direction by using galvanometer mirrors capable of deflecting the laser beam over larger areas. The Z-axis allows for the adjustment of the laser focus, enabling precise marking at different depths or heights on the workpiece.
3D Stereoscopic Glue Dispensing with Three-axis Linkage
Three-dimensional stereoscopic glue dispensing is achieved through a mechanical system with three-axis linkage. These three axes typically include the X-axis, Y-axis, and Z-axis. The X and Y axes control the movement of the dispensing head in the horizontal plane, while the Z-axis controls the dispensing head's movement in the vertical direction, enabling precise dispensing in three-dimensional space.
Product Inspection involves checking various parameters such as product weight, appearance, and other specifications to determine whether the product meets the required standards and is deemed acceptable.
Automatic Screw Locking
Screws are conveyed to a fixed position through a vibratory feeder or other devices. The three-axis worktable then picks up the screws and automatically locks them onto the designated products or workpieces based on a pre-set program. This process significantly improves production efficiency, reduces manual labor, and ensures stable and accurate screw installation.
Single-axis robots possess several outstanding characteristics, making them an ideal choice for widespread application in industrial automation. Here are detailed descriptions of these features:
(1) Ball screw drive for high precision: Employing a ball screw drive system enables the single-axis robot to achieve exceptional precision and stability during its motion. This high-precision transmission ensures accurate positioning and motion control, making it suitable for workstations and equipment that demand precise positioning.
(2) Convenient installation and easy maintenance: The well-designed and simple structure of the single-axis robot allows for convenient installation and disassembly. Additionally, its ease of maintenance reduces repair costs and maintenance time, enhancing the equipment's reliability and stability.
(3) Dust-proof sealed ball screw module: The specially designed dust-proof sealed ball screw module effectively prevents dust and impurities from entering the robot's interior. This dust-proof design ensures long-term stable operation and prolongs the robot's lifespan.
(4) Multiple stroke specifications and motor orientations available: The single-axis robot offers various stroke specifications and motor orientations to meet different work scenarios and application requirements. Users can select the appropriate stroke length and motor orientation according to specific needs, making it adaptable to various automation production lines.
(5) Facilitates integration with other components and multi-axis robot design: The flexibility of the single-axis robot's design allows for seamless integration with other components, enabling the construction of multi-axis robot systems to fulfill more complex automation tasks. It is applicable to numerous industries, including electronics manufacturing, automotive industry, medical equipment, providing a reliable solution to enhance production efficiency and quality.
How to Select the Single Axis Robot?
When choosing a KK single-axis robot, the following factors should be considered and confirmed:
(1) Stroke confirmation: Determine the required stroke length based on the specific application needs.
(2) Operating conditions: If the application involves a high presence of dust and foreign particles on-site, consider selecting a dust-proof environment type single-axis robot.
(3) Motor specifications: Based on the motor's specifications, select the appropriate motor flange and motor connection bracket.
(4) Load and torque calculation: Verify the module's load and torque requirements based on the size of the load and the installation method, and select a module that meets the criteria.
(5) Speed requirements: Choose the appropriate screw lead and motor specifications based on the required speed.
(6) Limit switches: Provide slider positioning, home position, and module travel safety limits.
(7) Precision level selection: Depending on the usage scenario, choose between precision-grade or standard-grade modules.
By carefully considering and confirming these factors, the selection process for a KK single-axis robot can be optimized, ensuring that the chosen robot meets the specific requirements and performance needs of the intended application.
Installation and Disassembly of Single Axis Robot?
Our company's single-axis robot is delivered with the module body pre-assembled, but the motor requires calibration. Therefore, the motor is generally installed by the customer. Below is an example of installing the motor in the left-fold direction:
1. Place the module flat on the table.
2. Remove the motor cover.
3. Unscrew the screws on the connecting plate.
4. Loosen the four long-hole screws on the baffle so that it can be moved left and right.
5. Attach three clamping pulleys with two screws each, leaving them loose. Pay attention to the motor lead-out position. After aligning it correctly, tighten the screws.
6. There should be a gap between the pulleys and the motor.
7. There should be no gap between the pulleys and the motor.
8. When locking the motor, first screw in the diagonally opposite two screws, leaving them loose. Pay attention to the motor lead-out position. After aligning it correctly, tighten the screws.
9. Install the belt on the screw end.
10. Install the belt on the motor end.
11. Ensure the belt is placed in the middle of the pulley.
12. Adjust the tightness of the belt and tighten the center locking screw.
13. If the belt is too loose, it may skip teeth.
14. If the belt is too tight, it may deform and damage the belt, causing noise or even damaging the motor shaft.
15. Install the motor cover and tighten the screws.
16. The motor assembly is now complete.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure the proper installation of the motor and the smooth operation of the single-axis robot.
Maintaince and Inspections
Check for friction damage, scratches, compression, excessive tension, or bending.
Lead Screw, Bearings, Shaft Couplings, Timing Belts
Check for abnormal vibrations or noises.
Check for abnormal vibrations or noises, Check for abnormal temperature.
Every three months inspections
Lead Screw, Rail Guides, Bearings
Check for dirt or contamination. Clean if necessary, and then apply lubricating oil or grease.
Check the level of existing lubricating oil or grease. If insufficient, add more as needed.
30-150cstRecommended grease specifications: Lithium-based grease (yellow grease) with viscosity of 30-150cst.
For high-speed and light-load applications, it is recommended to use grease with a lower viscosity. Suggest using No. 1 or No. 2 yellow grease.
For low-speed and heavy-load applications, it is recommended to use grease with a higher viscosity.
Suggest using No. 3 yellow grease.
Every six months inspections
Check for any loose screws, tighten if necessary. Check for any round-loose or creeping screws.
Lead Screw, Rail Guides
Check for any loosening, if found, secure appropriately.
Check for any wear or clearance, if identified, please contact us.
Check for any abnormal wear, cracks, or breakage; if observed, please contact us.
Precautions for Use (Common Issues)
(1) If the screw gets stuck or produces abnormal noises during operation, check for the presence of foreign objects inside the screw and promptly clean it.
(2) If the screw operation becomes less smooth after a certain period, promptly apply lubricating oil to the screw, guide rails, and both ends of the bearings.
(3) In case of rust on the module, use rust prevention oil to remove rust in a timely manner.
(4) If any components of the module are damaged, conduct timely repair or replacement of the damaged parts.
(5) If the motor produces abnormal noises, check if the motor has been equipped with a brake.
Please pay attention to these common issues while using the equipment to ensure its optimal performance and extend its service life. Prompt action and maintenance can help address these concerns effectively.
Example Use Case
Equipment Name: Product Defect and Auxiliary Material Misalignment Detection Machine
Design Objective: Significantly improve product inspection efficiency and accuracy.
Part Application Description: The X-axis and Y-axis drive the camera to perform planar two-dimensional movements, while the Z-axis carries the camera, allowing for adjustable focal length. Through vision inspection, the system determines the product's quality and checks for defects and misalignments in auxiliary materials.
This vision inspection system plays a crucial role in enhancing the efficiency and accuracy of product inspection. By utilizing the X, Y, and Z-axis movements of the camera, it ensures comprehensive and precise inspection, identifying any defects or misalignments in products and auxiliary materials. The adjustable focal length enables adaptability to different product sizes and variations, further improving the detection capabilities. With its advanced visual capabilities, this equipment significantly contributes to quality assurance and process optimization in various manufacturing industries.